The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of September 14, 2020 –September 18, 2020 and they are as follows:
Eversource will replace the gas mains and service at the following locations:
• Myrtle St. from Sawyer St. to Cedar Grove St. (Main)
• Peckham St. from Mt. Pleasant St. to County St. (Main)
• Bannister St. from Coggeshall St. to Peckham St. (Main)
• Hathaway Rd. from Town Line to Rockdale Ave. (Services)
• Davis St. from Riverside Ave. to 389 Davis St. (Services)
• Hatch St. from Acushnet Ave. to Belleville Ave. (Services)
• Conduit St. from Acushnet Ave. to Shaw St. (Services)
• Summer St. from Durfee St. to Locust St. (Main)
• Studley St. from County St. to Summer St. (Main)
• Woodlawn St. from Brock Ave. to W Rodney French Blvd. (Services)
• Bolton St. from Kaine St. to Rivet St. (Services)
Eversource will be doing final street and sidewalk restoration at various locations city wide
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue drainage work at MassDOT Project #606709, New Bedford – Roadway Reconstruction and Related Work (including signals) along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Road. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (Private Contractor: Southcoast Development) will be conducting work within the roadway at the intersection of Acushnet Ave and Ashley Blvd. Police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• MassDOT will be making repairs on the bridge at I-195 eastbound over Route 18 ramp. Work will be from August 18th to November 30th.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be line painting at night at various signalized intersections city-wide.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes city-wide on a continuous basis.
• Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.
• Contractor (WES Construction) scheduled to continue landscaping and final paving at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St., between JFK Memorial Highway (RTE 18) and MacArthur Dr. will be closed to westbound traffic. Westbound traffic will be detoured via MacArthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
• The contractor (Bay State Wind Water) is tentatively scheduled to replace the Freetown municipal interconnecting water meters along Braley Rd. and Middleboro Rd. and continue large water meter replacements at various locations.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.