New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of August 17, 2020 –August 21, 2020
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of August 17, 2020 –August 21, 2020 and they are as follows:
Eversource will replace the gas mains and service at the following locations:
• Kings Hwy. – Tarkiln Hill Rd. to Mt. Pleasant St. (Main)
• Cottage St. From Parker St. – Sycamore St. (Main)
• Davis St. from Riverside Ave. to 389 Davis St. (Services)
• Hatch St. from Acushnet Ave. to Belleville Ave. (Services)
• Clifford St. from Ashley Blvd to Acushnet Ave. (Services)
• Summer St. from Studley St. to Locust St. (Main)
• Pleasant St. from 889 Pleasant St. to Hillman St. to Purchase St. (Main)
Eversource will be doing final street and sidewalk restoration at various locations city-wide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue drainage work at Mass DOT Project #606709, New Bedford – Roadway Reconstruction and Related Work (including signals) along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Road. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue drainage work at Valentine St. from Brock Ave. to West Rodney French Blvd. to prepare for final paving in the upcoming weeks.
• The contractor (Private Contractor: Southcoast Development) will be conducting some roadway work at the intersection of Acushnet Ave. and Ashley Blvd. for the new Cumberland Farms project.
• Mass DOT will be making repairs on the bridge at I-195 eastbound over Route 18 ramp. Work will be from August 18th to November 30th.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
• Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.
• The contractor (WES Construction) is scheduled to continue construction of the new pumping station and demolishing the old station at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St., between JFK Memorial Highway (RTE 18) and MacArthur Dr. will be closed to westbound traffic. Westbound traffic will be detoured via MacArthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
• The contractor (Bay State Wind Water) is scheduled to replace water meters at various NBHA locations.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.