New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of August 3, 2020 –August 7, 2020
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of August 3, 2020 –August 7, 2020 and they are as follows:
Eversource will replace the gas mains and service at the following locations:
• Kings Hwy. – Tarkiln Hill Rd. to Mt. Pleasant St. (Main)
• Cottage St. From Parker St. – Sycamore St. (Main)
• Peckham St. from Mt. Pleasant St. to County St. (Services)
• Bannister St. from Peckham St. to Coggeshall St. (Services)
• Clifford St. from Ashley Blvd. to Acushnet Ave. (Services)
• Davis St. from Riverside Ave. to 389 Davis St. (Services)
• Summer St. from Studley St. to Locust St. (Main)
Eversource will be doing final street and sidewalk restoration at various locations citywide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue drainage work at Mass DOT Project #606709, New Bedford – Roadway Reconstruction and Related Work (including signals) along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Road. Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• SRPEDD will be performing traffic counts at Hawthorn St at County St and Howland Rd at New Bedford line.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
• Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will soon start Sunday hydrant flushing. Flushing will be conducted on August 2nd, 9th and 16th at the following locations between 8 AM and 4 PM:
◦ Industrial Park along Braley Rd., Church St., Phillips Rd., Duchaine Blvd., Samuel Barnet Blvd. and John Vertente Blvd.
◦ The Fish Houses along Coggeshall St., North Front St., Herman Melville Blvd. and MacArthur Dr. from Front St. to Cove St.
◦ Pier 2, Pier 4 and the State Pier
◦ Downtown between Maxfield St. and Walnut St. and from County St. to the Waterfront.
• Contractor (P Gioioso and Son) is scheduled to continue with the replacement of the Nelson St. Water Main and service connections, between Crapo St. and County St. During working hours, Nelson St. may be closed to thru traffic with access by local traffic only. Traffic will be directed to either Jouvette St. or Scott St. Detour signage, police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• The contractor (WES Construction) is scheduled to continue construction of the new pumping station and demolishing the old station at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St, between JFK Memorial Highway (RTE 18) and MacArthur Dr. will be closed to westbound traffic. Westbound traffic will be detoured via MacArthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
• The contractor (Bay State Wind Water) will be replacing municipal interconnecting water meters along Lloyd St and Slocum St. There may be some traffic controls for short periods during the week.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.