The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of July 6, 2020 –July 10, 2020 and they are as follows:
Eversource will replace the gas mains at the following locations:
• Kings Hwy – Tarklin Hill Rd. to Mt Pleasant St.
• Hill St. from Hillman St. – Mill St.
• Hillman St. from County St. – Pleasant St.
• Cottage St. from Parker St. – Campbell St.
Eversource will be doing final street and sidewalk restoration at various locations city-wide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue drainage work at MassDOT Project #606709, New Bedford- Roadway Reconstruction and Related Work (including signals) along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Road, Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
• Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on road construction on Willow St. between Cedar St. and Richmond St. This road will be closed with police detail.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at Magnet Park to repave walkways through the park.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be prepping and paving Westview St. between Nemasket St. and Giffords Ln. the road will be closed to thru traffic with a police detail.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be cold planning Shawmut Ave. from Nash Rd to the pump station. Traffic will be dropped to one lane with police detail.
• Contractor (P Gioioso and Son) is scheduled to continue with the replacement of the Nelson Water Main, between Crapo St. and County St. During working hours, Nelson St. may be closed to thru traffic with access by local traffic only. Traffic will be directed to either Jouvette St. or Scott St. Detour signage, police detail and traffic controls will be in place.
• The contractor (WES Construction) is scheduled to continue construction of the new pumping station and installation of the site utilities at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St, between JFK Memorial Highway (RTE 18) and Macarthur Dr. will be closed to westbound traffic. Westbound traffic will be detoured via MacArthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.