New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of August 15, 2022 – August 19, 2022
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of August 15, 2022 – August 19, 2022, and they are as follows
Eversource will be working on the street milling from gas main relays on:
• Main Relay on Phillips Rd. from Holly Tree Lane to Route 140
• Main Relay on Rockdale Ave & Allen St
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue curb installation and sidewalk reconstruction along a portion of Phillips Rd from Holly Tree Ln to Birchwood Dr.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various curb and structure adjustments on Mt. Pleasant St from New Plainville Rd to Nash Rd and Rockdale Ave from Grape St to Orchard St
• Contractor will be working at the MassDOT project, Kings Highway, new traffic signal operations and sign installations.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various streets, citywide, completing minor repairs and installations.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on sidewalk reconstruction on Cedar St from Maxfield St to Mill St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on sidewalk reconstruction on Union St from Sixth St to County St
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp) on Monday will replace the service line opposite Taber St. Beginning Tuesday the crew will work to connect the side streets to the new water main on West St. Work will begin at Priscilla St and proceed southerly to Bedford St. There will be detours during working hours via Brigham and adjacent streets as the work progresses. Signage will be posted and police details on site to assist with traffic management.
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp) will be testing and flushing the new water main. There is no other work scheduled this week. Work will not impact traffic.