The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of July 11, 2022 – July 15, 2022, and they are as follows
Eversource will be working on the street milling from gas main relays on:
• West Rodney French Blvd (Calumet St to Lucas St)
• Lucas Street (Brock Ave to W. Rodney French Blvd)
• Calumet Street (Brock Ave to W. Rodney French Blvd)
• Oaklawn Street (Brock Ave to W. Rodney French Blvd)
• County Street (Scott St to #1130 Cove Rd)
• Nelson Street (Bonney St to Crapo St)
• Scott Street (County St to Crapo St)
• Cove Road (County St to Crapo St)
• Independent Street (County St to Crapo St)
• Contractor (Highway Rehab. Corp.) will be completing roadway improvements along Mt. Pleasant Street from Nash Road to New Plainville Road and along Rockdale Avenue from Grape Street to Cove Road, weather permitting.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various roadway and sidewalk repairs on East Rodney French Blvd from Abbott Street to Butler Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at the MassDOT project, Kings Highway, new traffic signal operations and sign installations.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on sidewalk reconstruction along a portion of Cove Road from Padanaram Avenue to Orchard Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various streets, citywide, completing minor repairs and installations.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on full depth road reconstruction on Cedar Street from Maxfield Street to Mill Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on granite curb installation and sidewalk reconstruction along Phillips Rd from 1884 Phillips Rd to Holly Tree Lane.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp) will begin water main installation along West St, north of Allen St. West St will be closed at times between Allen St and Bedford St and detoured via Allen St to Brigham St to Bedford St and returning to West St. Work scheduled Wednesday, June 13th and Thursday June 14th. Signage will be posted and police details will be on site to assist with traffic management.
• Contractor (C. Naughton Corp) will begin installing temporary water main by-pass piping along Clifford St between Ashley Blvd and Acushnet Ave traffic will be delayed at times along Clifford St local access will be maintained at all times. Work scheduled from Monday, June 11th to Thursday, June 14th. There will be construction signage and police details to assist with traffic management.