The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of June 6, 2022 – June 10, 2022, and they are as follows:
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays:
• Main Relay on Phillips Rd from Holly Tree Ln to Route 140
• Main Relay on Nauset St from Mt. Pleasant to Hathaway Rd.
• City (DPI) will be performing work at the intersection of Rockdale Ave and Allen Street for water main assembly. Detours will be in place during working hours. Water main shutdown to take place, all impacted services will receive 24-hour notice with specific date, time & estimate duration of the shutdown.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on the Union Street-Phase II road reconstruction project (Sixth Street to County Street). Paving of roadway and excavation of sidewalks to take place. Detours and block closures may be required, signage and police details will be in place.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at the following roadways in preparation for top course repaving: Orchard Street (Union St to Arnold St), Weld Street (Summer St to Myrtle St), Gifford St (Morton Ct to terminus), and Valentine Street (intersection of Brock Ave and intersection of W. Rodney French Blvd).
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at the MassDOT project, Kings Highway, for road and sidewalk reconstruction along portions of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (JH Lynch) will continue work at MassDOT project, intersection improvements at Rockdale Ave and Allen Street. Detours may be in place at times. Signage and police details posted for detours.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on sidewalk reconstruction along a portion of Cove Road from Padanaram Avenue to Orchard Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various streets, citywide, completing minor repairs and installations.
• Contractor (INDUS) will be crack sealing various roadways city-wide.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us.
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.