The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of May 9, 2022 – May 13, 2022, and they are as follows
Eversource will be working on the gas main relays and services at:
• Main relay on Phillips Rd from Holly Tree Lane to Route 140
• Main relay on Belleville Ave from LIP Regulator Outlet to Sawyer St
• City crews (DPI) will be filling potholes on a continuous basis.
• City crews (DPI) will be conducting hydrant flushing from 7am-3pm in the following areas: Sunday (5/5) in the downtown area bounded by Kempton Street to Walnut Street and JFK Blvd to County Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working at the MassDOT project, Kings Highway, for road and sidewalk reconstruction along portions of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Rd.
• Contractor (JH Lynch) will continue work at MassDOT project, intersection improvements at Rockdale Ave and Allen Street. Detours may be in place at times. Signage and police details posted for detours.
• Contractor (KR Resendez) will continue work at the MASSDOT project, intersection improvements at Hathaway Rd and Nauset Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on sidewalk reconstruction along a portion of Cove Road from Padanaram Avenue to Orchard Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be conducting test pits on Cedar Street from Hillman Street to Mill Street.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will continue road reconstruction work on Orchard St from Arnold St to Union St.
• Contractor (PA Landers) will be working on various streets, citywide, completing minor repairs and installations.
• Contractor (SCR Constructors) will continue site work at the future South Coast Rail station platform locations in the city. (Church St at Carlisle St and Wamsutta St at Acushnet Ave.) If you have questions, please email the project team at SouthCoastRail@dot.state.ma.us .
** Please note: Contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.