New Bedford roadwork sites for the upcoming week of May 18, 2020 –May 22, 2020
The City of New Bedford has roadwork sites for the upcoming week of May 18, 2020 –May 22, 2020 and they are as follows:
Eversource will replace the gas mains at the following locations:
• Tarkiln Hill Rd. and Park Ave. from Tarkiln Hill Rd. to Church St.
• Brook St. from Collette St. to Earle St.
• Davis St. from Riverside Ave. to 389 Davis St.
• Johnathan St. from Arnold St. to 57-59 Johnathan St.
Eversource will be doing final street and sidewalk restoration at various locations citywide.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to continue work at MassDOT Project #606709, New Bedford- Roadway Reconstruction and Related Work (including signals) along a section of Kings Highway and Tarkiln Hill Road, Construction to take place during regular working hours (Monday – Friday), police details and traffic controls will be in place.
• Contractor (PA Landers) to resume work on JFK Blvd, Griffin St to Cove St.
• Department of Public Infrastructure will be filling potholes on a continuous basis throughout the city.
• Department of Public Infrastructure conducting its annual street sweeping program city-wide.
• The contractor (WES Construction) is scheduled to continue construction of the new pumping station and installation of the site utilities at the Front St./ Elm St. site. Elm St, between JFK Memorial Highway (RTE 18) and Macarthur Dr. will be closed to westbound traffic. Westbound traffic will be detoured via MacArthur Drive. There will be detour signage and traffic controls in place.
• Due to ongoing construction at the High Hill Reservoir residents may experience discolored water. The water is safe, and the discoloration will be temporary. We recommend allowing the water to settle for a few hours and then flushing your service line by letting the bathtub run for a few minutes until the water clears.
** Please note: contractors will continue to follow guidelines and protocol regarding COVID-19 social distancing while conducting work in construction zone.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the Department of Public Infrastructure will be closed to the public entry. Office staff is available to assist by email and telephone.