On Tuesday evening at approximately 8:30pm members of the OCIB unit executed a search warrant at 236 Hemlock St. apt. 3N.
Once entrance was gained, a search was commenced. In the bedroom detectives located approximately 20 grams of marijuana, $667 in cash, and a .22 caliber semi-automatic Beretta handgun with the serial numbers defaced. Also recovered was 5 rounds of .22 caliber ammunition. Neither party possesses a license to carry firearms. The investigating officer was Jonathan Lagoa.
Scheduled to be arraigned this morning in New Bedford District Court:
Devon Cuba age 21 of 236 Hemlock St. apt.3N
Demitra Rae Pickering age 20 of 236 Hemlock St. apt.
- Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Conspiracy to violate the controlled substance laws
- Unlawful possession of a firearm
- Unlawful possession of a firearm with obliterated serial numbers
- Unlawful possession of ammunition