On Friday members of the New Bedford Police Narcotics and Gang Units arrested a total of 19 individuals throughout the afternoon and evening hours. In a continued effort to enhance the quality of life in all neighborhoods, Detectives conducted a sweep targeting narcotics and other illegal activity.
Arrested and charged were:
– Amber Opzda, 27, of New Bedford for possession of class B (oxycodone)
– Matthew Rich, 37, of Easton Ma. for 2 warrants
– Omar Saez, 41, of New Bedford for operating motor vehicle on a suspended license and failure to have vehicle inspected
– Ryan Dubois, 32, of New Bedford for warrant
– Kevin Boyer, 55, of New Bedford for consuming/carrying alcohol beverage in public way
– Aarin Mason, 29, of New Bedford for operating motor vehicle on a suspended license
– Lillian Merrick, 48, of New Bedford for two warrants
– Chritopher Hartwell, 41, of New Bedford for warrant
– Robert Mello, 48, of New Bedford for possession of open container of alcohol on public way
– Sean Alicea, 29, of New Bedford for warrant
– Luis River-Rodriguez 26 of New Bedford for warrant
– Brian Amaral, 37, of New Bedford for possession of class B cocaine and warrant
– Randy Perez-Rodriguez, 33, of New Bedford for operating motor vehicle on suspended license, unregistered motor vehicle, uninsured motor vehicle and illegally attaching plates.
In addition to the street arrests, members of the narcotics unit, gang unit and port security team executed 2 search warrants at 358 North Front Street. Apartment 1 north and apartment 1 south were raided. This is the third time in a month and a half that apartment 1 north has been raided. As result of the raid in apartment 1 north, detectives seized a little over 28 grams of cocaine, small amount of cash, packaging materials and scales. The listed 5 individuals that were in the apartment were arrested and charged with Trafficking Cocaine and conspiracy to violate controlled substance laws.
– Margo Barbosa 51 of New Bedford
– Jose Barroso 44 of New Bedford
– Anthony Felix 19 of New Bedford
– Jose Lopes 45 of of New Bedford
– Kevin Rivera Morales 36 of New Bedford
As result of the raid in apartment 1 south, detectives seized a small amount of oxycodone and $2,584.00 in cash. Arrested and charged was:
– Tanairy Ruiz. 30 of 358 No. Front St for possession with intent to distribute class B (oxycodone).
All 19 individuals are scheduled for arraignment at 3rd District Court on Monday.