Downtown New Bedford has become a Mecca for artists and art galleries in Southeastern Massachusetts. Just about every street downtown has at least one gallery on it. There are five galleries on William Street alone!
The problem most galleries have is getting foot-traffic, especially in a tough economy. Simply put, an art gallery can’t survive without foot-traffic or without customers purchasing art on a regular basis. Independent artist will have little success selling art without his or her art in a gallery.
Last February, we launched our first online art gallery for established galleries and non-established, independent artists. NewBedfordGuide.com reaches over 90,000 people through our website and New Bedford Guide Facebook page. On average, a photo or painting reaches 1,100+ people on Facebook within a few days. Check out our statistics slide show here below.
Today, we are launching a beta version of our online art portal (https://www.newbedfordguide.com/art-portal) where buyers can browse, search and subscribe, and artists can list their own art for sale. The art portal is for testing only right now. Feedback should be sent to email@example.com. Photographers, this will be the basis of the photography portal.
New Bedford Guide is recruiting art galleries and independent artists to place their art in the online art gallery when it goes live later in May on a listing fee or commission basis. If you’d like to list your art in the gallery fill out this form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you. Once approved, we will provide you the permission to upload your art to the portal.
- The main art portal has a filter system that allows visitors to narrow down their search by art category, price, artist and location.
- Artists can manage their own art work by adding their art with price and other details. The art will be displayed for browsing on the main art portal and in the individual artist’s page.
- Artists get their own Artist Page to direct potential customers to view their work.
- Visitors can commission artists through the artist’s individual page
- The subscription service allows people to get notifications when new art is uploaded based on their subscription preferences. Registered users can subscribe to a specific artist and/or specific categories of art.
Here are some benefits of listing your art in the online gallery:
- Your art will be listed on one of the most popular websites in south coast Massachusetts.
- Your art will be uploaded to a gallery on the the New Bedford Guide Facebook page (Nearly 5k active fans, 90,000+ reach in Southcoast, MA)
- You will be able to sell the art, digital downloads, prints and framed prints.
- Your art will be found in Google images from buyers around the world.
- Your brick and mortar gallery address and contact details will be promoted to thousands of potential local customers.
- We will help you get your art in local coffee shops, restaurants and other businesses.
- Customers can hire you on a commission basis.