Last month NewBedfordGuide.com hosted its first-ever photo contest. It went very well as dozens of southcoast, Massachusetts photographers submitted 157 photos. Based on Facebook likes, I narrowed it down to the top five photographs overall, and the top five photographs for Dartmouth and Fairhaven as sub-categories. The final results can be seen here.
The overall winning photograph was of the Palmer’s Island Light in New Bedford Harbor provided by Catherine Reusch Daley of Drawing with Light Photography and can be seen as out Facebook cover photo. The sub-winners were Jacob Hoss for his Fairhaven photo and Brian Rapoza for his Dartmouth photo.
Once again, NewBedfordGuide.com is offering our Facebook cover photo and $200 cash (sponsored by South Coast Architecture) to one photographer this month through a free contest. Our cover photo is valuable real estate for any photographer, because the New Bedford Guide facebook page reaches over 20,000 people in New Bedford, or over 77,000 people in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. All photographers will get to promote their work to the masses with one photographer gaining additional exposure by being awarded our Facebook cover for a full month. The winning photo will have the photographers name and optional contact information watermarked on it. The photo will also be featured on South Coast Architecture’s home page and as their facebook cover phot0. We will continue to have sub-winners for our Fairhaven Guide and Dartmouth Guide Cover photos.
The theme this month is “Old Dartmouth Architecture.”
- Join our Facebook Page and the Southcoast, MA Photographers Facebook group for updates.
- All photos will get uploaded into this facebook album. The photos with the top 20 likes will be used to pull the final winner from. You can can vote/like one, some or all of the photos.
- This contest will run from May 11th through May 31st, 2012. Submit them early to get more exposure and share them with friends and family to get more likes!
- For this contest, we are looking for architecture photos of the “Old Dartmouth” region: New Bedford, Dartmouth, Acushnet, Fairhaven, and Westport.
- Photos must be submitted to email@example.com. Photos should be a maximum size of 1500 x 1500 pixels and under 1 MB. Please include a description of the photo with at least a location.
- Photos should have a small watermark of “newbedfordguide.com” and the photographers name at the bottom of the photo. This helps protect your work. There is a good FREE online watermark tool here.
- Photographers can submit up to 6 photos.
- Photos must be yours, original and unpublished. We should not see these photos in magazines or websites other than your own personal website, stores, etc.
- Photographers provide full display rights of the photo to NewBedfordGuide.com. Basically, this is your “payment” for getting into the contest. We get the photo to be used on newbedfordguide.com and you get exposure. You can use any of your photos on your own website, Facebook, etc. We do NOT have the right to resell your photos, but get to use them without restrictions on our website and Facebook page.
- We will narrow down the best 20 photos based on Facebook likes. We will select a winner from the top 20 photos. The winner and new contest will be announced on 1 June, 2012. The winning photo will remain as the New Bedford Guide Facebook page cover photo from 1-30 June.
- We will also choose winner for our Fairhaven Guide and Dartmouth Guide Facebook Pages.
Follow this article as we reserve the right to add, remove or modify these rules at any time!