New Bedford Guide’s Facebook Cover Photo Contest
According to The Atlantic Cities Magazine, New Bedford is the 7th Most Artistic City in America. The statistics show that New Bedford has more than twice as many artists than the average city in America. Only Santa Fe, San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Santa Cruz and Danbury have a higher average of artists than New Bedford. Photography is an art and a thriving business/hobby in the area. New Bedford Guide wants to promote and support the photographers that explore our beautiful region.
NewBedfordGuide.com is offering our Facebook cover photo to one photographer each month through a free contest. This is valuable real estate for any photographer, because the New Bedford Guide facebook page reaches over 20,000 people in New Bedford, or over 77,000 people in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. All photographers will get to promote their work to the masses with one photographer gaining additional exposure by being awarded our Facebook cover for a full month. The winning photo will have the photographers name and optional contact information watermarked on it.
- Join the Southcoast, MA Photographers Facebook group for updates.
- All photos will get uploaded into this Facebook Album. The photos with the top 5 likes will be used to pull the final winner from. You can can vote/like one, some or all of the photos.
- This first contest will run from April through 8 May, 2012. Submit them early to get more exposure!
- For this first contest, we are looking for photos of the “Old Dartmouth” region: New Bedford, Dartmouth, Acushnet, Fairhaven, and Westport.
- Photos must be submitted to email@example.com. Photos should be a maximum size of 1500 x 1500 pixels and under 1 MB. Please include a description of the photo with at least a location.
- Photos should have a small watermark of “newbedfordguide.com” and the photographers name at the bottom of the photo. This helps protect your work.
- Photographers can submit up to five photos each month.
- Photos must be original and unpublished. We should not see these photos anywhere else.
- Photographers provide full display rights of the photo to NewBedfordGuide.com. Basically, this is your “payment” for getting into the contest. We get the photo to be used on newbedfordguide.com and you get exposure. You can use any of your photos on your own website, Facebook, etc. We do NOT have the right to resell your photos, but get to use them without restrictions on our website and Facebook page.
- We will narrow down the best five photos based on Facebook likes. We will select a winner from the top five photos. The winner and new contest will be announced on 8 May, 2012. The winning photo will remain as the New Bedford Guide Facebook page cover photo from 8-31 May.
- We will also choose winner for our Fairhaven Guide and Dartmouth Guide Facebook Pages.
Follow this article as we reserve the right to add, remove or modify these rules at any time!