New Bedford Guide’s 10 Positive Stories of the Week – 2nd Edition
For some reasons humans love negative stories and the media gives them what they want. At NewBedfordGuide.com we make every effort to promote the best parts of the Greater New Bedford area and make New Bedford a better place to live. Each Sunday, I’m going to find 10 positive stories of the week and share them. If you have a positive story to share e-mail us at email@example.com.
Here are the positive stories this week.
- New Bedford Guide’s Facebook Page Hit 30,000 fans
New Bedford Guide went from 20,000 fans to 30,000 fans in about 4 months. The growth has been amazing and I want to thank all the readers!
- New Bedford-Fairhaven Bridge Opens After Being Closes for Two Weeks
After two weeks of commuting pain, residents rejoiced to hear that the bridge re-opened on Saturday.
- New Bedford Awarded $1.8 Million Federal Grant to Combat Homelessness
New Bedford received $1,824,990 in homeless assistance funding as part of a competitive grant competition. The money will be distributed to eight different local organizations.
- Of Roots and Reconciliation in the Whaling City
Joanne Mendes comes back to New Bedford after 30 years and tells her amazing story of discovering her roots in the Whaling City.
- Portraits Of Boston Marathon Survivors See Runners Returning To The Finish Line To Look Back
Boston Marathon survivors returned to the finish line with uplifting messages painted on their skin.
- Taylor Elementary School Pet Care Drive
New Bedford has some AMAZING kids. Fourth grade students Mia and Nevea, and Mrs. Nault, are making difference with other students and folks in New Bedford. They ran a Pet Care Drive this week at Taylor Elementary School and collected a lot of items! Pictures here.
- AHA’s Sustainable Southcoast Earth Eve Parade
Locals came together and marched in AHA’s “Earth Eve” parade. Photos here and here.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Custom House Square – Kids from around the area ran around Custom House Square grabbing hidden eggs during the The Parks Recreation & Beaches Spring Easter Egg Hunt. Photos here.
- Bishop Stang to Hosted a Charity Book Fair
On Saturday, Bishop Stang High School hosted a charity book fair to benefit the American Heart Association.
- Dylan Carreiro Shows of Some Amazing Dance Moves in New Bedford – It’s great when local talent send us videos. New Bedford Got Talent!