For the month of January, New Bedford Guide will be running a “I Have More Friends Than You” Contest. The winner will receive a certified autographed min-helmet of the New England Patriots wide-receiver Wes Welker. Four other people will win gift cards and T-Shirts!
To invite your friends to the New Bedford Guide Facebook page use the “suggest to friends” link at the top left. To see how many of your friends are a fan, check out the left side of the New Bedford Guide Facebook page. You will see something like “XXX friends like this”. Here’s an example:
Prizes will be awarded to the top five members with the most friends that are New Bedford Guide Facebook fans. Anyone with more than 25 friends is recommended to participate in this contest. Please share a screen shot of the New Bedford Guide Facebook page showing how many friends you have (PC users can take a screen shot of your computer screen by clicking the ‘FN’ and the ‘PRTSC’ keys on your keyboard). You can email us your screen shot as an attachment with your name and Facebook profile URL (to confirm your Facebook account) to email@example.com with the subject: I Have More Friends. The last date for submission is 7 Feb, at 12 PM. You can discuss this topic here.
- 1st Place: Signed Wes Welker mini-helmet (pictured above).
- 2nd Place: $25 Gift Card to Hibernia Pub
- 3rd Place: $25 Gift Card to Rose Alley Ale House
- 4th Place: Limited Edition New Bedford Whaling T-Shirt
- 5th Place: New Bedford Guide T-Shirt
Please do remember that by participating in this contest, you agree to the rules and regulations as below:
- The contest is opened to all the fans of the New Bedford Guide fan page on Facebook only.
- By participating in this contest, participants agree that the screen shots that they have sent are indeed theirs. Any disputes arising out of this will be the sole responsibility of the concerned participants and New Bedford Guide will not be liable to provide any explanation on this behalf.
- New Bedford Guide cannot substitute any prizes or offer exchanges and the prizes are not transferable.
- All employees (and their relatives) of New Bedford Guide and its partner companies are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- The names of the winners will be announced on the New Bedford Guide fan page on February 1, 2011 at 7PM and they will also be contacted on their emails. Winners have to reply to those emails within 2 days with their addresses, phone numbers, etc. for completing the required logistical arrangements.
We are looking forward to your participation in the contest! This contest is an attempt to grow the New Bedford community online and bring the New Bedford Guide experience to more people. So go out and invite your friends to our Facebook Page today!