Little People’s College, a dynamic and rewarding place to work is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as a Family Support Specialist at our Corporate office. The Family Support Specialist will serve in a vitally important role as the liaison between the EEC and the families who attend Little People’s College. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter detailing how your experience and interest is a match for this specific position to email@example.com
Purpose: This position is responsible for the admission and registration of incoming families with Child Care Financial assistance through child care subsidy programs.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of Subsidized Child Care specific responsibilities of the Family Support Specialist include, but may not be limited to:
• Ensures all required parent information is received and processed.
• Process and maintain all necessary information regarding eligibility for families in a confidential manner following the regulatory guidance provided by EEC.
• Effectively communicate with parents; in person, over the phone, email and by mail to ensure families are meeting their individual due date requirements.
• Keep program records accurate and up-to –date and document all contacts and services provided for each family.
• Prepare various reports and other written materials related to the program.
• Authorize child care subsidies and extensions in accordance with the policies and procedures provided by EEC.
• Remain updated on EEC regulations, mandated reporting and other pertinent EEC rules and regulations and related documents governing parent eligibility.
• Perform clerical duties such as managing paperwork, handling data entry, engaging with internal and external contacts regarding parent eligibility.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Position Requirements: Qualified candidates will ideally have:
• Excellent verbal and customer service skills in- person and over the phone (discretion, patience and etiquette), as well as demonstrated ability to adjust communication style for various audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated ability to constructively mange conflict and ability to respond clearly and effectively to inquiries
• Excellent written communication skills, including proper use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling with the ability to proofread.
• Demonstrated experience working with a variety of individuals from diverse backgrounds and income levels, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity, cultural relevancy, and inclusion.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently, as tasks require.
• Ability to learn and follow procedures quickly.
• Ability to work under deadlines, work on several tasks simultaneously, and organize and prioritize work quickly in response to changing needs.
• Critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Experience with data entry and data management systems.
• Ability to be both fast and accurate in a high-volume setting.
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
• Knowledge and experience working with MS Office, with proficient Excel skills.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Basic math skills
• Bilingual in Spanish is a MUST
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
LPC’s benefit package includes low cost affordable health insurance, dental insurance plans for employees, paid time off in addition to 9 paid holidays, and a 401k retirement plan with company match, life insurance, and short and long term disability.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter detailing how your experience and interest is a match for this specific position to firstname.lastname@example.org