NewBedfordGuide.com hosted photo contests in April and May. April’s results can be seen here and May’s can be seen here. We are once again offering our Facebook cover photo to one photographer this month through a free contest. Our Facebook cover photo is valuable real estate for any photographer because the New Bedford Guide facebook page reaches over 20,000 people in New Bedford, or over 77,000 people in Massachusetts and Rhode Island each week. All photographers will get to promote their work to the masses with one photographer gaining additional exposure by being awarded our Facebook cover for a full month. The winning photo will have the photographers name and optional contact information watermarked on it. We will also choose winner for our Fairhaven Guide and Dartmouth Guide Facebook Pages.
- Join our Facebook Page and the Southcoast, MA Photographers Facebook group to make sure you get updates.
- All photos will get uploaded to this Facebook album. The photos with the top 20 likes will be used to pull the final winner from. You can can vote/like one, some or all of the photos.
- This contest will run from July 16th through July 31st, 2012. Submit them early to get more exposure and share them with friends and family to get more likes!
- For this contest, we are looking for any photos in the “Old Dartmouth” region: New Bedford, Dartmouth, Acushnet, Fairhaven, and Westport.
- Photos must be submitted to email@example.com. Photos should be a maximum size of 1500 x 1500 pixels and under 1 MB. Please include a description of the photo with at least a location.
- Photos should have a small watermark of “newbedfordguide.com” and the photographers name at the bottom of the photo. This helps protect your work. There is a good FREE online watermark tool here.
- Photographers can submit up to 6 photos total.
- Photos must be yours, original and unpublished. We should not see these photos in magazines or websites other than your own personal website, stores, etc.
- Photographers provide full display rights of the photo to NewBedfordGuide.com. Basically, this is your “payment” for getting into the contest. We get the photo to be used on newbedfordguide.com and you get exposure. You can use any of your photos on your own website, Facebook, etc. We do NOT have the right to resell your photos, but get to use them without restrictions on our website and Facebook page.
- We will narrow down the best 20 photos based on Facebook likes. We will select a winner from the top 20 photos. The winner and new contest will be announced on 1 June, 2012. The winning photo will remain as the New Bedford Guide Facebook page cover photo from 1-30 June.
- We will also choose winner for our Fairhaven Guide and Dartmouth Guide Facebook Pages.
Follow this article as we reserve the right to add, remove or modify these rules at any time!