Here are some important phone numbers and information to have handy during a winter storm.
- To report a downed power line, medical, fire or other emergencies please dial 911.
- NSTAR is prepared to address and damage and outages resulting from the storm and encourages customers whose electric service is affected to call 1-800-592-2000. NSTAR strongly urges people to stay away from all down wires and to report them immediately.
- To report an outage to NStar online: http://www.nstar.com/residential/outage_reports/default.asp?browser=d. Outage map: http://www.nstar.com/outage/OutageMap.aspx
- To report snow removal issues on city streets, residents may contact the Department of Public Infrastructure:
- Residents North of Rt. 195 –Dept. of Public Infrastructure 508-991-6150
- Residents South of Rt. 195 – Dept. of Public Facilities 508-991-6133
- New Bedford Police Department may also be reached on its Non-emergency line at (508) 991-6350.
- During freezing temperatures or snow storms/blizzards the emergency cold weather shelter is open on 634 Purchase Street. Shelter and food is provided at no cost.
Notice any corrections that need to be made or have some useful information? Send it to email@example.com.