The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Here are the Hot Jobs as of January, 3rd, 2012. Spherion Staffing will be recruiting at the Greater New Bedford Career Center on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 from 10:00am to 1:00pm for the following positions:
1. Staffing Coordinator #1669468 – Bachelors degree with 5 to 7 years experience in a fast paced office. Multi tasked, able to work and think on their feet. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PeopleSoft. Mid size company looking to expand its Human Resource Dept. Looking for a “Rock Star”!!!
2. Call Center Representative #1669464 – Sales, Customer Service, Call Center Experience 5 to 7 years. Must be able to work in a fast paced call center, required to make 150 calls per day. Some Technical skills preferred for some of the available positions. Word, Data Entry. High school preferred.
3. Machine Operator #1669461 – Solid work history of 5-7 years experience. Warehouse and machine operation (molding, pressing, forklift) experience required. Fast paced work environment. All positions will require drug and background screenings. Solid work references also required. 2nd shift: 3pm-11pm. 3rd shift: 11pm-7am. Weekend shifts will also be offered. GED or HS Diploma
4. Call Center Associates #1669469 – Qualified candidates must have at a minimum of 3-5 years experience and have earned a High School Diploma. Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Word. The hours are 12:00PM – 7:00PM.
5. Vice-President of Operations #1669455 – Applicant must have 7-10 years of work experience and with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma.
Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Computer skills a must! Must be proficient in Word, excel and Powerpoint.
6. Accounting & Systems Specialist #1669466 – The selected candidate will be under the direction of the Comptroller, to perform all accounting functions and assist in the maintenance of Agency systems and procedures so as to provide accounting controls over assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses. Must have 7-10 years experience and a Bachelor’s Degree, Computer literate and skilled in Word and Excel.
7. AP/AR Coordinator #1669481 – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Forecasting, Great Plains Software. Great Plains Software or equivalent Accounting Software. Experience 3 to 5 years. High school Diploma