The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Here are the Hot Jobs as of December 10th, 2012:
1. Plumbing & Gas Fitter #1649047 – ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Enforces plumbing-related codes, including the 248 CMR and International Fuel & Gas Code, and local plumbing codes such as those for fire protection sprinkler systems, fire hydrants, etc. Issues stop-work orders, correction notices and citations. Performs on site inspections of plumbing systems. Performs plumbing inspections of all plumbing fixtures examining for vent size, grade and size of pipe, and examines all joints for proper sealing to insure that there are no leaks, etc. Performs water tests on all completed plumbing, examining for sealing and leakage, etc.
2. Collections Representative #1648446 – Responsible for the collection of overdrawn deposit accounts via telephone contact with customers, resolve customer issues with regard to negative balance, negotiate repayment terms. Must provide consistent quality customer service to customers. 6 months collections, customer service or Telemarketing Experience.
4. Site Coordinator #1651876 – Must be 20 yrs. old and be EEC Certified Site Coordinator. Degree preferred. Site Coordinators are responsible for:
Planning and implementing curriculum to group of children grades K-6, ensuring that staff and children follow policies and procedures, accuracy in attendance taking, following EEC regulations. Site coordinators work directly with the children of the program and are also part of the ratios in the room.
5. Group Leader #1651874 – Candidates must show an ability to effectively interact with parents and children on a range of issues. Must also demonstrated skill in developing and leading a range of children’s educational, recreational, and social activities. Group Leaders must be able to demonstrate ability to make mature judgments in difficult situations. We are looking for individuals that can connect with our families and make them feel welcome in our association.
6. Teller #1650493 – Ability to work within established policies, procedures and guidelines. Identify customer needs and refer financial products and services. Consistently seek to delight our customers and deliver exceptional customer service with a positive attitude. Contribute to a positive team environment in the banking center through teamwork, team spirit and coaching. Minimum of six months customer service experience.