The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Here are the Hot Jobs as of November 21th, 2012:
1. Family Engagement Assistant #1628801 – Assist in the provision of family engagement activities. Provide bilingual support during program activities, home visits, and classroom activities. Fluency in Spanish required. High School diploma or equivalent. Experience working with children and families in a pre-school setting preferred.
This is an AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Deadline to apply: 5:00 p.m., Monday, November 26, 2012
2. Sewing Machine Operator #1630044 –Requirements:
– Must have experience with industrial machines.
– The knowledge of single stitching is extremely helpful.
– The potential candidate must know how to change and thread a needle as well as must have their own scissors.
3. Security Investigator #1628805 – BHI Energy is seeking a highly motivated, well organized individual for a position in our Security Investigations Department performing Background Investigations via phone, fax and e-mail. This support position requires critical attention to detail skills, flexibility, telephone, organizational, & data input skills. The ability to work in a team environment, while making independent judgments is important. The flexibility to work overtime based on business conditions is required. Candidates must satisfy a pre-employment background investigation that may include but not limited to: state criminal, Psychological, credit, employment & education. EOE/M/F/V/D/AA.
4. Fabric Cutter #1631430 – Experience with fabric handling, cutting and spreading as well as the general operating process of a Clothing manufacturing operation.
5. Yard Jockey #1631439 – A Yard Jockey is responsible for efficiently and accurately selecting and staging trailers for loading and transport while ensuring proper temperature control with proper understanding and operation of refrigeration equipment and other duties as assigned. The qualified candidate must be 18 years of age and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Qualifications include: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. A valid driver’s license that meets the requirements of the division is required.
6. Executive Assistant #1631458 – This position will operate as a liaison for the Executive Director with the Marion Institute Team and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the Institute.
– Assisting in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
– Assist in preparing presentations for the Executive Director for staff meetings, board meetings, and meetings with visiting VIPs.
– Schedule and coordinate agendas, meeting rooms, meals, travel arrangements, etc., for internal/external meetings held by the Executive Director.
- Basic abilities in graphic design a plus.
- Experience with new media Facebook, Twitter, etc. a plus.
7. Fleet Mechanic # 1633602 – Need experienced Fleet Mechanic for full time work on heavy equipment and medium duty trucks. Small engine experience a plus. Clean driving record and must pass drug testing.