The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Here are the Hot Jobs as of November 7th, 2012:
1. Multi-Unit Account Relationship Manager #1614762 – As a Multi-Unit Account Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing relationships with multi-unit accounts, working with customers at various levels within their organization. The qualified candidate must be a strategic thinker and innovative planner that can identify business opportunities, build positive customer relations, and maintain account relationships, while seeking and cultivating new accounts.
2. Assistant Project Manager #1614774 – The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for detailed tracking and coordination of project inputs, scheduling and resource constraints, project timelines and project-level communications. The Assistant Project Manager will be mainly responsible for the daily project scheduling and managing cost budgets. In addition, Assistant Project Manager will help Project Managers with larger multi-day, Multi-Resource Projects with regards to scheduling, documenting, client communication and budgets as well as other job functions.
3. Pattern Maker#1615925 – Needed for a locally based men’s and women’s outerwear and sportswear clothing company. Experience making patterns and cutting paper for tailored clothing as well as contracting length by pattern.
4. Homecare Registered Nurse #1617011 – Reporting to the Nursing Supervisor, the Homecare Nurse participates as an integral member of a home care team which, along with case managers and other related personnel, is responsible for assessing and/or authorizes services to be delivered by long term care agencies with the aim of promoting coordination and cooperation in the formation of cost effective and quality service plans.
– In conjunction with case manager team members, participates in client appropriateness for specific service options, promotes cost-effective service substitutions; establishes the frequency, scope and duration of services; jointly authorizes Medicaid and home care funding for service packages.
– Participates in assessment and interdisciplinary review of cases; consults with involved caregivers and document findings.
– In conjunction with case manager team members, assists clients in the referral process; coordinates service plans and participates in ongoing review of plans efficacy.
– Provides consultation to providers and other community agencies. Conducts training and workshops as needed.
– Maintains records and prepares reports as requested. Will review the assessment and care plan done by case managers of each person determined in need of personal care.
– May make a home visit for purpose of initial assessment whenever deemed necessary by the nurse or case manager.
Position Deadline Date: 4:00p.m., November 30, 2012
5. Tug Boat Captain #1618553 – Licensed Tug Boat Captain with 8+ yrs experience with single screwpull tug and dredging experience a plus. 35-90 hours per week.
6. Appointment Schedulers #1618612 – Responsibilities of this position will be to contact homeowners by phone to schedule appointments for home improvement estimates. Training provided and this position is Salary plus commission.
7. Quality Engineer #1566432 – The Product Quality Engineer will play a key leadership role in developing and implementing processes for precision machined instruments and implants. This position will lead and participate in cross-functional teams concentrating on the delivery of new products and the improvement of repeat business processes. This role will include working with the operations, engineering, scheduling, customer service, and quality functions to successfully deliver the products, participate or lead CAPA s, complaint investigations, internal or supplier audits, validations and process improvements activities.
8. Help Desk Technician #1592685 – This employer is looking for a detail oriented experienced help desk technician. Duties include: Takes inbound service calls, diagnoses straightforward issues like malfunctioning printer or email issues, as well as the walking the client through the resolution. The corporate culture is fun and lighthearted, a great place to work. Previous telephony/help desk experience preferred: Must enjoy working with computers.