The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) and pulling jobs from our jobs database to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Be sure to also check out our Job Portal to find jobs by location on a map: https://www.newbedfordguide.com/map-page#pm_jobs_tab. Want to get e-mail notifications for new jobs? Checkout our e-mail subscription service.
If there is not a link to applying for one of the jobs listed, contact Sharon Martin, Business Services Representative at 508-990-4115 or feel free to stop by the Greater New Bedford Career Center. These positions are posted on mass.gov/jobquest.
Here are the Hot Jobs from the Greater New Bedford Career Center as of November, 14th, 2013:
1. Senior Care Options Secretary #3275037 – POSITION SUMMARY:
- Reporting to the Senior Care Options Supervisor, the SCO Secretary is responsible for assisting with the SCO Clerical Support.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Arrange and coordinate transportation for the SCOs program members
- Make referrals to vendors and implement service authorizations for the purpose of provider direct service orders/deliveries.
- Verify MassHealth eligibility status utilizing the MassHealth provider website
- Conduct Quality Assurance, maintaining SCO program charts meet agency regulations.
- Ensure SCO program faxing processes are followed through between appropriate agencies.
- Enter data into SAMS 3 care plans for services suspensions, resumptions, as required.
- Provide in-house back up support to other agency secretaries and receptionist as requested.
- Provide phone coverage assistance. Other duties may be requested as designated per the Chief Executive Officer
- High school diploma or equivalent . Multi-lingual – both Spanish and Portuguese preferred.
2. Money Management Program Manager #3275039 – Reporting to the AAA Planner, The Money Management Program Manager is responsible for overall direction and management of the program. This includes ongoing supervision of the current client and volunteer base; recruitment of new volunteers and assessment of the eligibility of prospective clients; ongoing training and support of volunteers; and community outreach; Relationship development within the community; offering both bill payer and organizational representative payee services. This position supervises a part-time clerical aide. Money Management supports 23 cities and towns within the Coastline Elderly Services and Bristol Elder Services areas.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, or related field, or associates degree and 2 years of experience in management/supervisory position.
Two or three years working in a community-based, non-profit agency or related experience. Experience in managing statewide programs targeted to the elderly or related background.
3. Assistant Project Manager #3287995 – Performs administrative duties related to permitting and associated public hearings; prepares Planning Board agenda and supporting materials; prepares materials for planning studies and grant applications. Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration. Effective communications skills, especially writing skills, and the ability to multi-task are essential; knowledge of State and Federal grant regulations and procedures, and zoning helpful. Excellent computer skills are necessary. Subject to CORI background check. The City of New Bedford has a residency requirement.
4. Librarian III #3292231 – Directs and supervises the activities and operation of a branch library, including branch routines, building maintenance and Bookmobile. The main library is a regional reference center. Includes direct operation of an online system for circulation and cataloging activities, and online Internet access.
Trains, schedules, assigns and supervises the work of five to seven employees and evaluates their performance. Develops in-service training programs for subordinates.
Plans branch programs and activities, selects library materials according to the New Bedford Free Public Library Collection Development Policy, and oversees the branch book inventory.
Conducts library orientations for visiting classes. Works with the Children’s Coordinator for outreach to schools. QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a Master’s of Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university with related library supervisory experience, and experience in computer application. Certification or eligibility for same by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners. Ability to speak Portuguese preferred.
The City of New Bedford has a residency requirement.
5. Employment and Training Specialist #3302863 – This individual must be a self-motivated and collaborative professional responsible for, but not limited to, client assessment, career/employment training, career/employment counseling and advocacy, outreach for homeless/at-risk veterans, attending networking events and career/employment fairs, and establishing/maintaining positive professional relationships with local employers.
This individual would be based out of 460 County Street, New Bedford, MA 02740 and would perform all duties throughout the designated territory’s surrounding cities and towns within the state.
Required qualifications for this position include a bachelor’s degree in the human services field, experience in employment training, recruitment, counseling, outreach and/or services to the homeless, computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, valid driver’s license, and unopposed to travel.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 888-854-8449
- Mail (Headquarters): Veterans Inc., Attn: Human Resources, 69 Grove Street, Worcester, MA 01605
6. Staff Accountant #3302864– Ensure the proper and accurate recording of inventory transactions and balances. Provide strong financial/inventory analysis and improve the existing internal control environment. Perform strategic inventory account reconciliations. – Perpetual finished goods inventory to General Ledger (all product lines) – Received not Invoiced (RNI) account to General Ledger (all product lines) – Finished goods, marketing and promotional display accounts – Golf Ball raw material and purchase for resale product returns to vendor – Customer Service warehouses. Directly participate in projects designed to streamline transaction processing, improve controls and reduce departmental manual processes. – Assist with automation projects. Assist with all duties relating to physical inventories and cycle counting. – Support analyze and review finished goods cycle counting program – Review and analyze negative inventory report/balances – Review and reconcile Fairhaven company store. Assist in the development and administration of enhanced inventory reporting to assist Finance and Operations. – Prepare adhoc inventory analysis. Assist in monthly financial closing process. – Prepare journal entries – Prepare intercompany billings and international profit eliminations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Minimum of 2-4 Accounting Experience Strong Accounting Skills Knowledge of automated accounting/inventory systems.
How to Apply-email resume to email@example.com
7. Industrial Electrician #3192057 – AFC Cable Systems, Inc., a Division of Atkore International, and a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of electrical distribution products, has an opening at the Flaherty Drive facility located in the New Bedford, MA Business Park. Industrial electricians will be required to install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. Applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation. Good analytical and problem solving skills Ability to work alone and as a member of a team. Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Ability to read drawings and blueprints and interpret specifications Knowledge of safe operating procedures Knowledge of various drive systems such as Allen Bradley PLC’s, Siemen’s and Emerson. Only Master level Electricians with active licenses will be considered for this position. Must be willing and able to travel to other facilities throughout the country approximately 5 % of the time. The Industrial electrician will work both indoors in a manufacturing facility and potentially outdoors. Some overtime and call-ins will be required from time to time. The successful candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience working as in electrician in a manufacturing setting. AFC has combined excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits with the opportunity for personal and professional growth. We offer: Health, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurances, 401(k) with a competitive company match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Computer Purchase Plans, Paid Vacations and Paid Holidays.
Apply at the New Bedford Career Center
8. Production Worker/Machine Operator #2942441 – Flaherty Drive Facility – AFC Cable Systems, Inc. an Atkore International Company, is a rapidly growing manufacturer of wire, cable and electrical products. We currently have openings for the following position: PRODUCTION WORKER/MACHINE OPERATOR SECOND (2ND) /THIRD (3RD) SHIFT. Previous machine operator experience is preferred, but will train. Perform a variety of tasks and operate equipment to produce armored cable. Ability to follow instructions, ability to lift 40 Ibs repeatedly if required. Standing and walking between machines for 8 hours. Able to work overtime as required. AFC has combined excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits with the opportunity for personal and professional growth. We offer: Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance’s, 401(k) with a competitive company match, Computer Purchase Plans, Paid Vacations and Paid Holidays.
Apply at the New Bedford Career Center
Here are some jobs in the New Bedford area from the NewBedfordGuide.com jobs database:
1. Human Resource Manager – Sid Wainer & Son. Full details and application process here.
2. Office Manager – Child & Family Services. Full details and application process here.
3. Security Patrol Officer – St. Luke’s Hospital. Full details and application process here.
4. Security Officer – St. Luke’s Hospital. Full details and application process here.
5. Store Manager – AT&T Dartmouth. Full details and application process here.
Be sure to also check out our Job Portal to find jobs by location on a map: https://www.newbedfordguide.com/map-page#pm_jobs_tab. Want to get e-mail notifications for new jobs? Checkout our e-mail subscription service.