HELP WANTED: City of New Bedford is seeking to fill a (Temporary) Data Entry Clerk position
PAY: $15.46hr -$20.92hr
• Monitors and controls electronic computer to process business or other data according to operating instructions. Selects and loads input and output units with materials such as tapes or printout forms for operating runs.
• Operates on-line or off-line machines according to written or oral instructions to transfer data from one form to another, print output and read data into and out of computer.
• Recommends changes in programs, routines and quality control standards. Prepares for review records and reports of operating and down time; operates computers to assist in locating and overcoming error conditions.
• Develops operating methods to process data; assists in the development of useful computer programs. Keypunches and edits; assists general public, office staff and City employees.
• Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and quickly; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to work under pressure and/or frequent interruptions.
• Knowledge of personal computers and various programs.
• Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in computer
For more information, please visit: http://www.newbedford-ma.gov/personnel/employment/employment-opportunities/
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. EEO
New Bedford has a residency requirement.