PAY: GRADE 12 $19.23hr – $27.18hr
• Provides general support to the Department of Public Infrastructure (spanning all divisions) and the City of New Bedford.
• Assists with financial and project reporting, project planning, administrative assistance and other duties as needed.
• Coordinates and assists in Chapter 90 State Aid Construction Projects and Federal Disaster Grants, as well as other special projects.
• Performs data processing; assists in troubleshooting computer systems; diagnoses and resolves minor computer hardware/software problems.
• Generates correspondence; prepares spreadsheets, sets up databases; coordinates meetings; and tracks progress of projects.
• Performs related work as required.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent. Degree in Civil Engineering preferred; experience with computer operations support in a network environment; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with GIS and computer operating systems, and various computer hardware and software, telephone, fax machine, scanners, etc.
• Knowledge of the City property plot plans, street layout plans, sewer and storm drain plans; and the ability to understand and draw deed descriptions.
• Ability to record neatly and accurately on real estate records and plot plans. Knowledge of drafting methods.
For more information, please visit:
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. EEO. New Bedford has a residency requirement.