PAY: $88,642 – $110,811
* Directs and administers all activities of the Facilities and Fleet Management Department.
* Oversees maintenance and capital needs of City buildings and fleet.
* Delegates various responsibilities to capable and competent subordinates that will ensure a positive outcome.
* Manages the budget using responsible and sound fiscal practices.
* Makes decisions regarding City owned assets in the best interest of the stakeholders while protecting assets and their value
within the limits of the budget.
* Monitors all leases of City owned property, unless under the custody and control of another department. Ensures that all lease conditions are being met.
* Allocates resources to satisfy the maintenance and capital needs of approximately 90 City buildings.
* Investigates advanced methods and technologies of accomplishing tasks that will result in greater efficiency.
Technical Degree in engineering, building trades, public administration, facility management, or a related field. Mandatory CORI (Criminal Offender Record Investigation) background check per City Council Ordinance effective May 14, 2013.
For application/complete job description, please visit www.newbedford-ma.gov or contact the Personnel Dept., 133 William St., Room 212, 508-979- 1444. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. New Bedford has a residency requirement. EEO