Fort Phoenix Polar Plunge set for Jan. 1, 2020
The 2020 Fort Phoenix Polar Plunge is scheduled for New Year’s Day plunge at 10 A.M. at DCR’s Ft. Phoenix State Beach in Fairhaven, Massachusetts.
We ask that participants register for the plunge. This is so we have an accurate count of participants and additionally for event safety.
Where? Monday, December 30th between 4-6 pm at Days Health & Sports. New Years’s Day at Ft. Phoenix State Beach starting at 8:30 am. Plunge is FREE! Long-sleeve t-shirts are $25. The net proceeds benefit Fairhaven Dollars of Scholars, providing scholarships for high school students. The event honors the victims of domestic abuse.
Tips – The water will be cold at this time of year, so it’s best to be prepared for the Polar Plunge:
– Pack a towel and water shoes or sneakers
– Wear your swimsuit under your clothes
– Bring easy to get into warm clothes (and shoes) for after the Plunge
– For your own safety, never dive into the water
– Have fun! This year’s theme is Under The Sea
Selectman Charlie Murphy will start the countdown to the plunge at exactly 10 am.