The SouthCoast Chamber is proud to introduce business education seminars led by Don Wilson, Sales Educator and Public Speaker, to the South Coast business community. The first in a series of six seminars with take place on Friday, October 18, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Chamber, 227 Union Street, Mezzanine 2 New Bedford, MA 02740. Share some laughs, be inspired, and learn something new!
Included in the lineup are Don Wilson’s musical lessons on goal-setting, follow-through, referral communication, and strategic change. Lessons are colorfully titled, with names such as “Do I Listen to My Heart, My Brain, or BOTH?” and “Here’s my card…WHERE’S MY BUSINESS?”
Here are the six seminars coming to the SouthCoast Chamber from October 2019-January 2020:
• Oct 18, 2019 “Do I Listen to My Heart, My Brain, or BOTH?” – Learn how your motivation behind WHY you do what you, and your mindset that dictates your behavior, contribute to your ability to build business and accomplish goals.
• Nov 1, 2019 “There’s GOLD in Them There Hills!” – Learn how to become an Active Prospector by creating more consistent daily habits that inspire growth by referral.
• Nov 15, 2019 “Here’s my card…WHERE’S MY BUSINESS?” – “93% of customers would refer their salesperson, but only 11% of sales people ASK for referrals” – Dale Carnegie. Enjoy a workshop that helps you create your very own referral ask, personalized to your goals and reflective of your style.
• Dec 6, 2019 “I Can’t Talk Right Now… It’s the HOLIDAYS!” – Clear Expectations + Better Communication = Outstanding Service! We define the value of customer service, how it’s delivered, and how to earn REVIEWS online, while being successful, even during the season of excuses: The Holidays!
• Jan 10, 2019 “Liquor, and Coffee, and Lunch…OH MY!” – Learn how to network with more focus and purpose using simple concepts that save time and produce more referrals from your network.
• Jan 24, 2019 “What’s YOUR Woobie?” – Learn how to apply a simple strategy that helps you embrace uncomfortable change, creating new constants that produce new opportunities in life and in business.
All are welcome to this Chamber event. Seminar tickets can be bought individually at $25 or in a package of all six seminars for $125. Visit www.southcoastchamber.com or contact Deven Robitaille at (508) 999-5231 for registration information.
Don Wilson earned his Bachelor and Master’s degrees from Bryant University, and he’s a 20 plus year veteran of the ever-changing mortgage industry. As Director of Corporate Relations, Don coaches mortgage professionals, delivers sales education, and helps to produce creative marketing and community outreach programs. Prior to his mortgage career, Don was a full-time musician playing acoustic guitar and singing all over New England to help fund his college education. In 2010, Don wrote and produced an album titled, “Sedated Echo” which helped to raise funding and created awareness nationwide when his son, Jacob was born with CHD (Congenital Heart Disease). His entertaining and simple approach to helping sales professionals, networking groups, and fundraising organizations discover better results inspired him to launch a new venture in 2018 titled, Prospecting Intel. Don lives by the simple credo that he’s taught his three children for years, “I try to make a stranger smile every day!”
The SouthCoast Chamber is a private, non-profit business association based in the City of New Bedford, Massachusetts. Chartered in 1885, the Chamber serves nearly 1000 member businesses of all sizes from virtually all industries in the ten communities of New Bedford, Acushnet, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, Mattapoisett, Marion, Rochester, Wareham, and Westport. The Chamber supports and promotes the local business community through leadership in public advocacy, education, networking, information, and community development.