“On Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 9:20 p.m., Dartmouth Police, Dartmouth Fire District #3, and STAT Dartmouth EMS, responded to a residence on Collins Corner Road, regarding an eleven (11) year old juvenile who received multiple burns while standing near a campfire.
Upon investigation, it was determined that the juvenile had received the burns after a gasoline container that he/she threw into the fire had exploded.
Though the juvenile received multiple burns, none were life-threatening, and, in an abundance of caution, he/she was transported to Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence to be further evaluated.
According to Dartmouth Chief of Police, Brian P. LEVESQUE, “We are all very relieved that the incident did not turn out much worse, and we certainly hope that others can learn from this dire error in judgment. Should anyone have questions about campfire safety, I, along with my public safety partners, would encourage them to either contact their local fire department, or find information from credible online sources.
To protect the identity of the juvenile, neither their name nor their address will be disclosed.”-Dartmouth Police Department.