The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Here are the Hot Jobs as of October 16th, 2012:
1. Personal Lines Insurance CSR (#1596231) – Licensed and experienced personal lines CSR. CISR or CIC needed for a local and well established Insurance company. Must have at least 5 years of experience. Designation and Applied Systems knowledge a plus.
2. Operator/Laborer (#1592599) – Seeking experienced Excavator Operators and Laborers for work in the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Area on miscellaneous site development residential and commercial projects. Candidates must have valid drivers’ and hoisting license and be able to pass a drug test.
3. Driver (#1596275) – Must have at least 2 years experience working with elderly and disabled participants. Must have a clean driving record. Background check, drug screening and references. High school grad preferred. Serious applicants only. Retirees are encouraged to apply.
4. Maintenance Worker (#1598516) – This full time position requirements and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Licensed Fireman for boilers.
- Must own set of tools.
- Experience with steam piping, pneumatics and basic electricity, will also train the right candidate.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed, able to move and install equipment as required.
- Some heavy lifting required and ability to work on ladders.
- Ability to get along with co-workers, follow instructions and work as a team member.
5. Environmental Services Aide II (#1489099) – Environmental Services Aide I Category: Service & Trade Facility: Schedule: Full-time Shift: Evening shift Hours: 3p-1130p; holiday and weekend rotation Job Details: High School diploma or GED preferred. Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
6. Packaging Engineer/Structural Design Technician (#1581228) – Growing, dynamic and highly successful company located in Southeastern Massachusetts seeks a proactive, experienced Packaging Engineer to do hands-on work in our design department. This is a new position being added to our highly professional and creative design team.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
Ability to design interchangeably in multiple packaging mediums (Corrugated, folding cartons, plastics, etc)
Application of graphics for small runs or presentation
Ability to provide CAD’s in formats for a wide spectrum of production facilities throughout the world.
Ability to work independently, with creativity and multi-task while being disciplined in meeting time line commitments.
Special Projects as Required
B.S. degree in Packaging Engineering or closely related discipline Artios Cad Systems
Experience with a Kongesberg XL Series Table
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, life insurance and a 401(k) plan. Please submit salary requirements when applying for this position.
7. Machine Operator (#1536201) – This family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Machine Operator III, Family of Companies has a rich heritage of pioneering a broad range of products and solutions across the continuum of orthopedic and neurological care. These companies are unified under one vision – Never Stop Moving – to express their commitment to bring meaningful innovation, shared knowledge and quality care to patients throughout the world. We are focused on the development and marketing of products for reconstructing damaged or diseased joints; repairing and reconstructing traumatic skeletal injuries; This Company has three main locations: Warsaw, Indiana and Massachusetts in the U.S. and Leeds in the UK. *This individual will perform complex operations, set-ups, adjustments, and cleans machines, and prove-outs.*. Maintains documentation (travelers/routers and blueprints) to ensure it is orderly and updated. The individual must have completed basic production, health, safety, and environmental hazard training courses. They will follow all corporate, safety and production standard operating procedures. Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local, and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance.*.
The schedule for this position will be Monday-Friday 2nd Shift 2:00PM-10:30PM. A minimum of a high School Graduate or general education degree (GED) is required. Vocational training in machine operations preferred. Ability to communicate effectively in English, to include the ability to read, write and speak is required.
8. Account Clerk (#1599124) – The functions and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to: Maintains department accounts and payroll. Provides clerical support. Works under the general supervision of sworn Police personnel. Applies basic accounting principles in maintaining financial accounts and records; prepares and verifies accuracy of bills; checks bills against purchase orders; prepares payrolls and maintains retirement records; makes general ledger entries; accounts for receipt and disbursement of cash transactions and cash accounts; reconciles cash books and bank statements; operates adding machines and simple calculators in connection with this work. Performs clerical work of ordinary difficulty.