The Greater New Bedford unemployment rate is much higher than the rest of Massachusetts, but believe it or not there really are a lot of jobs available for qualified applicants. Sometimes the barrier to a new job can be the lack of information on available job openings. To solve this, each week New Bedford Guide will be working with the New Directions Southcoast (also known as the Greater New Bedford Career Center) to inform job seekers about the hottest jobs in the area. We will define “Hot Jobs” as those jobs that need to be filled by the employer immediately. For those looking to search some large job databases, checkout my Best Job Search Resources for New Bedford Residents article. Unless noted otherwise, those interested in these positions or want more information should go to the Greater New Bedford Career Center at 618 Acushnet Avenue. Here are the Hot Jobs as of November 1st, 2012:
1. CDL-A Drivers – #1607875 – Responsible party for overseeing, coordinating, and successful completion of commercial solar projects. A clean driving record is essential in the ability to perform the duties of this job.
- Manage all companies and subcontracted work based on budget and man power.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean DMV record.
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Previous solar electricity experience highly desired. NABCEP Certification a plus. Electrical state certification or C-10 a plus.
2. Machine Operator (molding) #1607892 – Qualified candidates must have 10 years of working experience and recent experience working in a manufacturing or production environment. Candidates will be responsible for operating machinery. Contract Length: 9 Months.
3. Sr Brand Protection Investigator #1608970 – Responsible for investigating activity relating to the sale of counterfeit goods, trademark infringements, and internal investigations. Monitor unauthorized use of trademarks, including on-line auction sites, exchange sites; draft cease & desist letters to infringing parties; conduct investigations relating to the sale of counterfeit goods; prepare case report with findings of investigation. Conduct internal investigations on matters affecting company including internal theft or fraud; liaison with security department as needed. Provide anti-counterfeiting training to Customs and law enforcement officials; maintain and update anti-counterfeiting training materials; maintain chain of evidence logs and samples. Interface with consumers, law enforcement officials, and competitors, including responding to emails, phone calls; follow up as necessary on information. Support worldwide Brand Protection managers on various projects.
*Qualifications:Bachelor’s Degree required. Five years in trademark or anti-counterfeiting investigations required. Five years of work experience involving extensive internet research required. Ability to gather data, compile facts and interpret results. Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail. Extensive knowledge of the internet. Strong research skills.
4. General Maintenance Technician #1613104
The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing a high level of customer service. Hands on experience with lube, oil, filter, brakes, transmission and alignment is preferred
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and ability to diagnose auto/tire service type work.
- Must complete additional projects as assigned by Manager.
- Must be able to lift an object weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
5. Driver #1609002 – Looking for drivers to drive van to bring people to medical appointments. Morning and afternoon shifts available.
- Must have good driving record
- Must pass drug screen and CORI check
- Must be dependable, have good customer service skills and neat in appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
6. Billing Assistant #1606401 – Summary of Duties: Assist Billing Department with tasks relative to the billing process including data entry, filing and contacting medical insurance companies for follow-up.
- Check accession list for discrepancies. The accession list is emailed to billing and printed out. The requisitions are brought over from the Lab and matched up to the accession list. Remove self-pays from accession list to make separate bills for.
- Prepares monthly spreadsheets into Excel of names of clients, Facility, Date of Birth, and all required information as needed.
7. Medical Lab Tech #1606404 – Perform routine testing, quality control, calibration, maintenance and proficiency testing in accordance with current laboratory procedures.
- Maintain a system for organizing and maintaining laboratory documentation.
- Manage Lab Software and interfaces
- Corrective action must be taken if Quality Control results are not within acceptable limits or the instrument is down. Document all corrective action taken as indicated in established laboratory procedures.
- Routine review of all laboratory procedures and update procedures when necessary.
- Oversee inventory and ordering of laboratory supplies. Troubleshoot customer issues or problems with demographics, requisitions, sample integrity, etc.
- Document any problems, issues or information that may be necessary for other testing personnel to be aware of in a Communication Log.
Inform the Laboratory Director or Technical Consultant of any problem or issue that affects the reporting of patient results.